Thursday, February 11, 2021

 It's been a long time since anything has been posted here.  I hope to do a better job with that since I am picking up some lecturing gigs.

Here is one of the quilts that was finished during the quarantine.


This totally came out of the stash.  I will say the border stripe has been used in the past....so at least one of those mitered corners is pieced together.   You really can't see the seams.  This picture is not February.....we have it very cold here now.   Temps are in the single digits and the snow is DEEP.
 
Check out the quilting.  Three different flower stencils were randomly placed and circles helped fill in around them.  

I love the inspiration fabric, a Kathy Doughty design (Material Obsession) called Horizons Baob Plains Moody, by Free Spirit. She came to Prairie Star  Quilt Guild back in 2018.  A Different Box of Crayons brought several of her fabrics in for our meeting for us to purchase.  It was great to have the opportunity to see Kathy as she is out of Australia.  I still have some more purchases from that day that are yet to make it into projects.  

Hope to be back soon to show you another project.

Jane
Just Another Quilter


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! The quilt is wonderful and hooray for using up stash! (I've been doing a fair amount of that myself.) The summery photo of the top looks so nice amid the cold and snow we've been suffering for months. I'm very much looking forward to the warmer months again. And do tell us more about the lecturing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lectured in 2 area guilds and am scheduled in 3 more. The ones scheduled last year were postponed for a year. That leaves my home guild, the lecture is on March 2. Hoping to add a tab above on options. If your guild is looking for speakers, it is a dream to lecture in the Central Michigan area!

      Delete