I have been trying not to sit in front of the computer so much. We moved wood from the pile at the end of the yard today. We are trying to get the yard ready for the winter. We have a hard time moving the tractor in the snow. It isn’t that it doesn’t want to move, it just wants to slide on the snow right toward the water. So, we moved it today, now I can have a fire on the next cold day. The fireplace is cleaned out and I have wood.
I gave a little teaser of fabric sitting on the cutting board. This is the quilt I’m teaching next month. I wanted to get the top done.
It turned out well. The outside is a border print. The pattern was free from a LQS with the purchase 5-1yd cuts of fabric. The pattern and fabric have been sitting in my stash for a about 1 year. I changed one of the cuts from my original purchase of a dark orange mottled to the green & black print on the recommendation of Lola. I also had enough fabric to add an additional row of blocks…it needed to be slightly larger. Since it was a border print, I purchased more than the 1 yard cut. I did not want to run out. There still was not have enough to miter the corners, oh well. I think it still turned out nice. I still need to cut the binding.
Well, I am off to work on a project for my niece. I hope to show you pics next week.
Just Another Quilter