Friday, November 3, 2017

Finished This One!

With the recent wanderings, I decided to join a quilt guild close to the present location.  This is a way to make some friends in the area and to venture out.  The October speaker was Melissa Corry of www.happyquiltingmelissa.com.  I enjoy Melissa's site. My theory of "make it look hard but not be hard" falls into her style, along with "let the fabric do some of the work for you."


 This is one of her first Moda Bake Shop recipes-Sugar, Pop N Change.  This is the second time of making this project.  Here is the previous.  The applique occurred when no more fabric was available from a vacation fabric purchase.  
The most recent quilt is All Framed Up.  Just a little irony....my Sugar, Pop N Change has applique and hers doesn't.  This one has applique and mine doesn't.  It is destined for a teenager.

Hoping to put a new top on the longarm soon.  It is between these 2 quilts....

Scrap Crystals-Bonnie Hunter  
This just needs the outer border.  The back fabric is planned.
OR

The left overs from the previous Grand Illusion-Bonnie Hunter Mystery-2015??
No idea for the back.  Binding is made.
Linking up with CrazyMomQuilts
Let me know which one to throw on the machine.......Just Another Quilter

4 comments:

  1. I really like the Scrap Crystals with all those purples, so pretty. Grand Illusion is pretty, too, but those purples have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts! I love the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just quilt the red and blue one with no applique, and you could just send it to me; I love it! All the others are beautiful too. ---"Love---

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely quilts (Scrap Crystals is my pick).

    ReplyDelete