Monday, October 4, 2010

I WON!!!

My mother came in town for the weekend.  We haven't seen much of each other the last few years.  My daughter had surgery last summer.  Mom took a bad spill on her bicycle and couldn't travel much. 

I have taken her for my quilters retreat before.  We don't really do any crafts together when she comes.  We just talk and I show her what I am working on and she tells me about hers.  (She picked up a new machine last month.) 

Mom & I were hunting through the internet for sock patterns and just looking around.  I love the socks Judy L. makes over at the Patchwork Times.  She is so funny.  Today is "Design Wall Monday".  Stop over and see what everyone is working on.  We found some hat patterns that might be interesting as Christmas is approaching. 

While we were hunting around I saw a new post from "KatieMaytoo".  She was announcing the winners for her recent giveaway.  I WON!!!!   I was so excited!  My mom came over, confused.  What did you win? How did you win?  I just had to explain all about friends on the internet. 

Earlier this year, I picked up a 5 gallon bucket of homegrown plums at church.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them....but I would find something.  I made something called Plum Buckle.  Boy was it good.  We also now have enough jam for the year!


Salsa was made, zucchini bread frozen, spaghetti sauce frozen, basil dried, pesto frozen, apple chips drying, apple/pear cheddar cheese pie ready to eat and one carrot cake eaten and one frozen.  Maybe the summer was busy & I wasn't so lazy.

Next to come---bibs, tablerunners and fabric.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win from Katie! She's too much;) I love hearing about all the stuff you put up...I just got done making some salsa myself;) Glad you had a good time with your mom;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! All that food sounds wonderful. But if your mom is crafty, how can you not work together when visiting? (My mom and I get together just to do crafty stuff!) I look forward to seeing what's coming next. And I REALLY want to learn to knit so I can make socks like Judy's, but I don't really NEED another hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win. All that food looks so wonderful. My Mom used to can veggies, but I really don't know how. Maybe next year I will see if I can learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Plum Buckle sounds good, and your Salsa looks really pretty, and tasty! Thanks for the quilting link too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how come you don't encourage your mom to start a blog and join our little group? That would be just so cool!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete