Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What I did on my Spring Break

DSC01039 (1024x576)On the first day of Spring Break-2012, I took my family to Illinois State University.  We looked at the college campus.  I found the dorm hallways to be very small.  The room size is okay and the bathrooms are community.  I don’t mind this, however, I won’t be the one living there.  The elevator stops only on every third floor,  if you live on the other floors, you have to walk up one flight, or down one flight.  Moving day sounds like fun at a place like this.  The tallest dorm in the US, so they say.  The rest of the campus is beautiful.


DSC01045 (1024x768)
On day two of Spring Break-2012, I was suppose to work.  I took the day off.  To do what, you ask!
I went to see a famous quilter!  It cost me a whopping $5, because I am no longer a guild member.  Best money I’ve spent in a long time.  I had a great time.  I picked up the “Leaders and Enders” book, and showed off my version of the “Patches and Pinwheels” quilt.






On the third day of Spring Break-2012….I have to go to work.

Happy Quilting,

Just Another Quilter

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you visited Watterson Towers maybe? My ex graduated from ISU in the mid-70's and we lived in married student housing for a couple of years. Then he spent four years as the Resident Hall Director at three different colleges, those were some fun years, lots of stories from those experiences! I would love to see Bonnie Hunter, hope she comes to NM again sometime. That would be so much fun, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm----elevator stops on only every other third floor? Why on earth would that be? I don't envy you helping with the move! Sounds like you had a fun day-two! Now back to the daily grind; hope you find time to at least read the new book this week. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so jealous! I love Bonnie Hunter and read her blog all the time. It would be such a privilege to meet her in person! Did you have fun at the class? Lots of laughter? Tell us!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Bonnie awesome???? She came to speak at guild here a couple of years ago. The trunk show was fantastic.
    That dorm sounds ... lets say quirky. So happy that my girls are done and all that moving in and out is done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playin' hookey huh? Sounds like it was well worth it. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those dorms! My daughter graduated from Ill State. The first time I saw the room I thought to myself....I couldn't live in that small of a space but she didn't mind it. Of course it seemed like to she moved every semester.

    ReplyDelete