Thursday, February 6, 2014

Knitted Project

My knitted projects don't always turn out quite as I expect.  As a beginning knitter and a lifetime crafter, I often take on projects that are beyond my experience.  Last week, I learned my purl stitches were created wrong—oops. Sometimes it doesn't matter, sometimes it does.  Consistently is often more important that right.  This does make a difference for stretch and drape of a project though.
Has it been cold and snowy this year?  YES! I love the snow.  My favorite exercise of all time is snow blowing.  I love working up a good sweat and watching more snow come down.  The fresh snow is a lovely sight.  A few animal tracks through the snow is even better.  Usually that means more snow needs to come down to keep me happy.  Happiness is this winter.  It's snowing again now!  Already hit my driveway today, worked on the neighbors too!
So back to the knitting project—something was needed to keep me warm out in the snow.  The old scarf would get loose sometimes and stopping was necessary to get everything all tucked in.  This Burberry Inspired Cowl is working great.
DSC02775 (1024x712)The project only took 2 days and that's after a doing some ripping.  Some alterations to the pattern were made to decrease the size and work with the bulkier yarn and larger needle size. 
This project has to date been my most successful!  Another pair of socks went on the needles last night. (My other socks are slightly tight, hope these are better.) These small projects are great for the car.  DH drives to most of MJJR's away games.  MJJR has 2 games left in conference play.  One games is a reschedule of the reschedule.  Snow!
Keep those fingers busy,
Just Another Quilter

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your snow. We've gotten the cold, but not much of the white to go with it, just brown and grey dra. There has been plenty tracking to the south, and to the north, but most of it misses us. Love your cowl. I think I'll add one of these to the to do list to keep the drafts out of my jacket collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! Stop wishing for more snow! We have piles taller than me in our driveway. And that's just DRIVEWAY snow! I'm so done with winter and cold and snow - please spring come soon! But the cowl is very pretty and does look toasty warm. Will we be seeing the socks soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let you enjoy your snow all you want. I really don't miss all the snow I had to shovel all the years I lived in northern Illinois. I love snow in New Mexico. It snows and then the sun comes out and melts it all, usually by early afternoon at the latest! The cowl is so pretty, love the colors. Hope it keeps you toasty while you are out playing in the snow.

    ReplyDelete