Monday, August 6, 2018

Mah Jong 9 Patches-Renamed to Floating Tiles Available in my Etsy Store


Most of my quilty friends know not to ask how many projects are IN PROGRESS.  So many of my quilts "in progress" have begun as leader and ender projects.  I have made a couple quilts from 9 patches that were made between other quilts.  

This one is based on Bonnie Hunter's Zig Zag 9 Patch.  It is still within the family collection and was completed in 2015.
Note the border is purple, not blue as the picture appears.  

Here is the latest quilt.  I love just a little black and some appliqué in most of my quilts.  Check out the quilt on our "his & her" Adirondack chairs.  We made these from a large pallet delivered from a home improvement center.  We made these chairs on the weekends while we split our time between our home and work a couple hours away. So far my DH has yet to join me sitting in the chairs.
I enjoy downloading a magazine on my mobile device and having some coffee (or other refreshment) while reading overlooking the lake.


You can see how close the chairs are to the lake.  We have 3...yes 3 snapping turtles that have made a home in the lake.  They like to hang out just in front of the chairs.
Check out the "lifesavers" added to the corners.  This is similar to some of tiles in my Mahjong screen version.  This time the corners were appliquéd down as part of the quilting itself.
DH has requested that this quilt stay within the family.  That is one way to tell it is a hit!

Hopefully come 2019, this will be a class offering through the Mississippi Valley Quilters Guild.

So FYI, I now have 2 guilds, Mississippi Valley Quilters Guild and Prairie Star Quilters Guild.  Both of them has shows coming up.  Both shows are great.  Here are the links to the guild websites.  I hope to check them both out.

MVQG-Mississippi Valley Fair Grounds, Davenport, IA  September 21 & 22
PSQG-DuPage County Fair Grounds, Wheaton, IL  October 12 & 13


Just Another Quilter,
Jane

18 comments:

  1. Both quilts are wonderful, I love quilts with dark backgrounds! Enjoy the quilt shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are beautiful, but I really love the second one best! I agree that it definitely should stay in your family! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, I'm not able to attend the skill builder workshop because we are out of town. Is there a way I can get this pattern? I have lots of scraps to make useful too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you hear there's a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and impulsive attraction for you deep inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, treasure and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Response

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will make him work harder than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this dominant impulse is so essential to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his heart and mind for you in a way he's never experienced before and he will see you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. check this out

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. check this link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Indijos turistinė viza

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. indiai turista vízum

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. indian visa for us citizens

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is rare to discover a professional in whom you might have some trust. In the world in the present day, nobody truly cares about showing others the answer in this matter. How blessed I am to have found a really wonderful web site as this. It really is people like you that make a genuine difference nowadays through the strategies they reveal.
    visa canadien

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is rare to discover a professional in whom you might have some trust. In the world in the present day, nobody truly cares about showing others the answer in this matter. How blessed I am to have found a really wonderful web site as this. It really is people like you that make a genuine difference nowadays through the strategies they reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website. this website

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. ✅ I also have some information related to this Topic on my website
    Real Estate Lease

    ReplyDelete
  14. The nice thing about embroidery patches is you can easily sew them on and take them off when you get tired of the design. get information

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style. visit this site

    ReplyDelete
  16. The best article I came across a number of years, write something about it on this page. get code

    ReplyDelete
  17. all of your in the end charity is a great deal appreciated. nobody can buildup less to respect you. plenty of reputation. website

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, this got me thinking what other workouts are good for those of us who find ourselves on the road or have limited equipment options. mc patch makers

    ReplyDelete