Sunday, March 11, 2012

Design Wall Monday—March 12th, 2012

DSC01029 (1024x576)
Last month I attended a quilting retreat with 8 others.  This started as a charm pack and a jelly roll purchased on clearance at the Joann’s in New York last August.  I also have 4 fat quarters of the same fabrics, all for the low price of $12.  This pattern was picked up at the LQS on my way to retreat.  The LQS sends us $5 coupons on a $10 purchase during our birthday month.  My purchase came to $8 (thread) so I threw this in.  The pattern had caught my eye at Ben Franklin’s, where it was on clearance.  I had thought I could live without it, the next visit a week later, it was gone.  Once it was gone...I wanted it!  The whites need to be cut. 

A couple of the ladies from my first quilt class asked if I DSC01031 (1024x576)would teach another class.  I said yes, of course.  What to teach?  Something good for a beginner, but something that will hold the interest of someone with more experience.  Here are the options given.  This one is from the current issue of American Patchwork aDSC01032 (1024x576)nd Quilting.  If this is to be a true option, I need to get busy and make it.  I did some cutting yesterday.  This fabric is from Maui a few years back.  This will be another memory quilt for the family.


IMG_4289 web_1_1The other option for the class is my version of the Bonnie Hunter’s “Patches & Pinwheels”.  What fun it will be to figure out yardage for this quilt. The dark brown and light brown that highlight the 16 patches were each a fat quarter, if I remember correctly.
So far, one vote for the “Patches and Pinwheels”.

Happy Quilting,
Just Another Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics in the first picture! Looks like you are going to be busy for a while with the new class! Hope lots sign up for it; wish I could be there! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got your work cut out for you! Love the Maui fabric!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete