Monday, September 10, 2012

The Fall Season has arrived!

The girls have gone back to school.  MJJR is helping with statistics for the volley ball team.  Lola is working way to much for a senior in high school.  DH is traveling as always. Me…I am trying to stay motivated to just accomplish something.  I have a hard time living so much of my life alone.  I work part-time, a couple days a week, and don’t think that I want to increase my time there.  I volunteer and help in the community, but this is as time allows, or motivation moves me.  I just have a hard time getting moving sometimes.

IMG_0094 (720x960)What am I doing?  We are hand quilting the Christmas Traditions quilt that will be silent auctioned off in December.  The squares were donated to our group from one of my co-workers.  She had made 48 of them….she didn’t really like them.  She does now!  I am working on the last couple squares, it isn’t so much fun to work on this at night. We are planning on 2 rows of straight line quilting in the sashing and haven’t decided on what to do in the borders yet.  The green is a small stripe with metallic gold between the 2 shades of green.

I have been working on some of my own stuff while the other quilt is making the rounds. IMG_0096 (720x960) This top is from fabric I purchased at Joann’s last summer when we were by Niagara Falls.  Here is the post when I started the project.  The fabric was a deal.  I think it turned out pretty good.  It can now get in line with the other quilt tops for finishing.

I did realize last week that my nephew graduates in the spring.  I believe he needs a quilt to take off to school.  I think that will take priority over some of the other things that I have going.  I don’t want to do sew binding on the way to graduation.

I did finish a set of socks last month.  I gave them away already.  I loved the colors.  Here are early pics of them.

photo (2) (960x720)

I need to get moving for the day. Harvest time is here.  My beans need picking, taxes need paying and bed needs a making.

Happy Quilting,

Just Another Quilter

5 comments:

  1. I so understand how you feel about getting the day started; here I sit in my pj's! *giggle* I have big plans for the day, but probably won't even attack half of them! I DO LOVE that Christmas quilt! I'm going to examine it more closely, and may give it a try myself with all my Christmas fabrics I have out! The other quilt is very pretty too. Tell you what: Let's just go guzzle another cup of coffee and then we can get started on something. Deal? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some beautiful projects there - that should help motivate you, right? Hmmm...I suppose OTHER people's projects are often more motivating than those of our own that need finishing... I hope you got a lot done today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That christmas quilt is very elegant in its simplicity. And the blue one is very calming. Love both of them;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts in progress. I am having the same motivational issues myself. Maybe we need new fabric to inspire us? LOL
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh, Christmas Traditions is a stunning quilt! I love the pattern and the fabrics. The blue and white quilt is so pretty, too. You have some great projects there. When my DH goes hunting, I love the first couple of days to myself, then I get anxious for him to get home. Getting motivated has been a challenge this summer but I now have some projects to get done. Hope you have more fun stuff to keep you busy than chores to catch up on. Have some fun!

    ReplyDelete