Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Dahlia

This Dahlia, as I stated before is from a long time ago.  The top was the greatest colors, back in the day.  Now I still like the design and I do like the colors, but I don’t have any drive to finish this quilt.  I have taken this quilt to retreat so many times.  It is a standing joke just to ask if it is done.  I might actually have it done by the time retreat rolls around.  I don’t think this will make the monthly goal.  The quilt needs to have the outside triangles put on it and a large green border (this is where I thought some gentle Ricky Tims’ curves) sewn on.  A back needs to be found, layered and quilting completed.  The girls go back to school this month, but we have one more traveling adventure before that happens. I will be excited if the quilting is underway.  I have been working on the small “crazy” triangles for about 2 years.  I hate this technique, I only have 4 left to go.  I am so glad that this quilt will have a whole month dedicated to it. 

On another note,  this is fabric that DH brought me back from Nebraska last fall.  The design is in one of the newer Turning Twenty books.  I have been using this as a leader and ender project for the last 6 months.  It is starting to shape up. 

Here is also the knitting project that I have been working on.  It is the standard “dishcloth”  pattern…yo after 1st and knit to the end, turn and repeat. I think that I may want it to be larger.  I am out of yarn.

I may see if I can find some, but think that I will start a new project or pull out the celtic knot (applique) for the trip.  I just need to make a decision.  I borrowed the knitting needles.  I know that I shouldn't have problems traveling with them, but am not sure that I want to take the chance.

Hope you are all having a great summer. 

Just Another Quilter

4 comments:

  1. The dahlia is beautiful, even if you think the colors are dated. (Just wait a few years - they'll come back!) I do hope you get it finished this month so you can pull the biggest joke of them all and have it finished next time someone asks! The hubby's quilt looks great, too. Enjoy your one last travelling adventure before the girls start school...but when they start, does that mean you have more quilty time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dahlia quilt is going to be exquisite! I love it already! Who cares what colors are "in" when? Certainly I don't. If I like something, that's all that matters to me in my house. I could certainly enjoy seeing that one everyday on my bed! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dahlia is so pretty. Love those triangles that are slowing you down. It will be so worth it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dahlia is very pretty! You should finish it! Don't you love how the leaders/enders get quilts made without your realizing it?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete